Joshua Eli Milne
1. I was born in Venice Beach in ’70 so if you ever wonder why I am such a dyed in the wool hippie liberal I think it is just part of my genetic makeup. I believe that my soul chose that place and time for a reason.
2. As I have grown up I have come to see my parents as truly amazing and beautiful people. Of course they are flawed… but we all are… in just the perfect way. As I learn to manifest my own vision and abundance in life I look at my parents and their panoramic views, relaxed lifestyle, and their 4pm daily walks on the beach and smile knowingly.
3. I am in love. I mean this in the truest sense. I am IN love. It has nothing to do with the other. Everything to do with the self.
4. I was the worst speller in each and every grade in school. I was made fun of mercilessly. It was an awful and painful experience. I have been working on it my whole life and feel tremendous joy at the accomplishment of being able to make it through a page or two without a mistake.
5. I have written 4 feature length screenplays, 2 hour-long TV drama pilots, 2 half-hour comedy pilots, 1 young adult novel …(hundreds of songs and poems) and am currently about a third of the way through my first full blown novel – this one is for adults. My mantra - The longest journey is completed by taking one step at a time. I have not-yet made a cent from my writing. I will never give up.
6. I was a tour guide for three years. I led camping-adventure tours for a company called Trek America. I spent 6 months leading tours around the Western US, 6 months crisscrossing Canada, and 2 years leading tours all over the entire countries of Mexico, Guatemala and Belize. I have seen more of Mexico than anyone (including anyone who is Mexican) that I have ever met. Try me.
7. I have three moles on my body. One on the side of my nose, right next to my right eye. One on my right scapula. And the other one is a secret.
8. I had a pivotal moment in my life when I was 13 years old. I was standing at Topanga Point in LA County. I had just come in from surfing and there was a pretty sizeable swell running. Out in the water there was one surfer among the crowd who was just ripping. Shredding. He displayed such graceful freedom and powerful control – throwing huge arcs of spray into the air with each turn. I was in awe. It was the most beautiful thing I had seen up to that point in my life. I remember praying to god as far as I understood god at that age and vowing – asking – praying; this is all I ask of you God. That you allow me to be this good one day. I want to rip as good as this guy….. And I can honestly say that at least in this one area of my life I have totally succeeded. Thank you God.
9. I get more joy, spiritual oneness with the universe, and deep understanding of energy, love, and passion from my relationship with the ocean and surfing than I can possibly explain…. (although I will sometimes go on and on trying)
10. I have three children. Ella – 12, Iris – 9, and Rowan – 7. I have a great relationship with my two daughters. My son lives somewhere in the Midwest and I have not seen him since he was 1. I do not know how to get in touch with him. His mom and he disappeared a few years ago. I’ll tell you the whole story if you ask.
11. I had, at one point not too long ago, written off politics. I figured that our country was doomed and that it was probably a good thing for the Earth if western civilization collapsed. I am currently holding a vision of deep hope. I truly believe that we can make it. I see the explosion of consciousness happening all around me and inside of me.
12. I never watch TV. Ever.... well, sometimes...
13. I am addicted to KPFK, NPR, Air America Radio and KCRW. I read a newspaper once in a while but I am very suspicious of the information they choose to present and the way they present it.
14. I have just completed a short documentary film about a local artist. I produced, directed, shot and edited the thing all myself. I think it has turned out beautifully and I am really looking forward to showing it to people… as a result, I am visualizing more film projects. I want to use this talent to have fun, be of service, and to raise consciousness.
15. I was once becalmed in a 32 foot sailboat between the islands of Kauai and Oahu. We had no motor on board and were stuck just bobbing there for more than a day. I ate an entire package of Starburst Fruit Chews while I sat in the hot sun looking at the island of Oahu off in the distance. Then I proceeded to get the worst bout of seasickness that I have ever had. I threw-up a Technicolor Rainbow over the side. I will never forget how it looked hitting the sparkling blue water or how good it tasted.
16. I have dreamed of sailing around the world since I was 11 years old. I will do this eventually. Maybe sooner than I think.
17. I love to collect seashells and pieces of driftwood on the beach. Just this last summer I surfed every day in the month of August (really) and I collected a driftwood branch at the end of each session. I lined’ them up along the entry wall of my house and really enjoyed seeing them every day till I moved.
18. I won $1,281.00 at a slot Machine in the Cal-Neva lodge in Tahoe. 3 Yellow #7’s with lightning bolts through them. I was 19. I was on pure liquid LSD. I was with my Mother and my Grandmother. God was watching the whole thing. They paid me…. Talk about manifesting your reality…
19. I sometimes forget to recycle.
20. I love beets. I make beats. I am beat.
21. I started playing guitar when I was 18 in the dorms at FT. That’s a pretty late start to get great at anything, but after a lot of practice (a lot of practice!) and 20 years, I am finally starting to get good at it. I have been playing around for years recording music at home on various setups. I love doing it. I love writing songs.
22. I have a scar across my nose from the fin of a 5’10” fish that I used to have.
23. I am letting there be an awareness that I am none of these things. That these stories and facts are just constructs of the ego.
24. I have been teaching myself to use the Adobe CS4 suite all week. Mostly I have been playing with Dreamweaver and designing/making a couple websites.I have flown all the way to Spain to see a girl. I have taken the bus all the way to El Salvador to surf a wave. I can change the world by loving myself.